- File all reports completely and on time. Avoid penalties.
- Make payments on time. Avoid penalties.
- Report fraud immediately, against you or fellow employers.
- Report any claimant's refusal of suitable work, by yourself or other
- Carefully and immediately review claim notices sent to you for accuracy
- When you get your experience rating adjustment each year review
it in detail and reconcile it against your payroll records, account
balance, and known unemployment claims.
- Private companies and plans can save money only if you factor in time
saved by your staff. If you have the time to devote to it, you pay the
same in the end, whether to the state, or the private plan.
- Hire carefully and investigate the background of everyone you hire.
Stable employees are good employees, and in the long run, save money
in more ways than one!
Originally published in the 1999 Winter issue
of The CampLine.